Always save your ATM receipts until you are able to compare them to your monthly statement or you verify your transactions online. If you believe there’s an accounting error involving an ATM transaction, the federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA) offers protections. To be fully protected under the EFTA the law states, “you must notify your financial institution orally or in writing no later than 60 days after it sends your periodic statement”. Your institution also must promptly investigate the matter.

No user commented in " What do I do if my bank statement shows an incorrect amount for an ATM withdrawal? "

Follow-up comment rss or Leave a Trackback

Leave A Reply

 Username (*required)

 Email Address (*private)

 Website (*optional)